ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION

ADRIATIC SOUTH MISSION

Monday, February 20, 2017

Thank goodness for sister Weidman who takes pictures or I would never have any pictures.

Okay, confession.  Lately I've just missed wearing my jeans so much that when I wear boots i just wear my jeans under my dress!  Ha, I only have to remember that I can't put my hands in my pockets.  Hey it keeps me warm and when I get home Hey none of this changing clothes back and forth (Christine Peacock you know better than anyone how I hate those nylons and dresses!!!!!! ) I did  get caught the other day because when we go into people's houses we take off our shoes/boots (the mud streets and rain keep your shoes always muddy) and when I pulled off my boots-- there were my Levis!  OOPS!  I forgot about the taking off the boot thing.   I would go on a mission for many years if it wasn't for the dresses!  Next mission---Anywhere I can ride a horse in my Levis!


Just starting piano lessons and the church has a great program.  Really in almost two lessons I have two young boys 14 and 15 playing songs--it is great!

Young Women's personal progress is in process We have 3 weeks in the works.
Taught the most fun English class where they were each a different animal and we had to keep the beat and move with the beat and move in a circle.  It was such a kick watching them young and old learning the names of animals!  They were laughing and having a great time and learned them all!   Elder Anderson and Lorin (Elder Winegar) are teachers together.  Elder Isufaj -from Albania-and I are teaching partners.  I just assumed that Elder Isufaj speaks and translate as much as Elder Tare did (my last Albanian teaching partner)--I'm learning that Elder Isufaj is going through the language barrier  somewhat like Lorin and I are.  By night time, he is on total language burn out!  Thank goodness that Elder Anderson speaks so well and has such a positive helpful disposition.


  Here at Pogradec this week,  we witnessed quite a miracle!  We as an "almost branch" learned about God's love for us all, forgiveness, charity, and brotherly love.   Testimony of prayer and fasting have been confirmed once again!  It was enlightening to watch us all growing up together.  Even Lorin and I came out of the week a little bit wiser, a little more aware of God's Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment